How to order a Kela taxi?
1. Book a taxi by calling 0800 94220. The phone call is free of charge.
- You can only receive reimbursement for taxi travels booked via the phone number for Kela taxis and you pay a maximum of EUR 25 as a copayment.
- Book your taxi by 2 p.m. the previous day.
- You should book a taxi via this phone number also when you are in urgent need of a taxi.
- You can book all the travels that you know of for the following two weeks at the same time.
- Book the return journey at least 1 hour before the time of departure if you know the time for the return journey.
- Calls to the dispatch centre are recorded for quality assurance. Kela may sometimes check a transport request afterwards. The information you provide over the phone will not be used for any other purpose than as required to arrange the trip and process the reimbursement. The data controller within the meaning of the Personal Data Act is Kela.
2. When making the call you should state the following information
- your name and personal identity code
- your pick-up address
- your destination (e.g. hospital)
- latest possible time of arrival at the place of treatment
- possible assistive devices or accompanying person
- phone number where you can be reached
3. You will receive an estimate of when the taxi will pick you up
- If there are changes to the booking, please report them as soon as possible by calling the phone number for booking a taxi.
- Report any changes at the latest 2 hours before the agreed time of departure.
4. Show your Kela card to the driver
- When you show your Kela card to the driver you will receive reimbursement for the travel expenses right away and you will, at the most, pay a copayment of EUR 25 for the travel.
5. Request a certificate on form SV 67
- If you need a taxi for health reasons, request a certificate from the healthcare provider on form SV 67.
- If a staff member at the place of treatment books your return journey, no certificate on form SV 67 is needed.
- Keep any certificate issued for an individual travel for 6 months after the date of travel. We may ask for it later on.
- Send any certificate issued for long-term use of taxi to Kela.
- If a representative of the place of treatment books the return journey for you, you do not need any separate certificate.
Familiar taxi driver
Certain customer categories can be granted the right to use a familiar taxi driver. More information on the entitlement to use a familiar taxi driver is available at kela.fi/taksimatkat
After 1 July 2018 one prerequisite for the granting of entitlement to use a familiar taxi driver is that the dispatching company that arranges taxi travels reimbursed by Kela can assign a familiar taxi driver to the customer. For the possibility of entitlement to a familiar taxi driver, contact our dispatch centre at 0800 94220.